Thursday, 12 September 2019 - Alpe d'Huez – Boom | Tickets will go on sale this weekend for the 2nd edition of Tomorrowland Winter. This Saturday, 14/09, starting at 5 p.m. (CET time), festivalgoers can book their 'Mysterious 7 days package'. With 7 nights' accommodation in the heart of the winter sports area, a 3-day festival ticket and a 7-day ski lift & ski pass for the entire Alpe d'Huez Grand Domaine Ski area, this package will guarantee the ultimate Tomorrowland Winter experience. For Tomorrowland Winter 2020, a second chapter will be written, literally and figuratively, for 'The Book of Wisdom', which was the theme of the 15th summer edition that took place last month. The official theme of the winter edition will be 'The Book of Wisdom, The Frozen Chapter'.
The ultimate musical (winter sports) holiday
Did you know that the Alpe d'Huez Grand Domaine Ski winter sports area is ranked among the top ski locations in the world? In 2017, it received the prize for 'best ski resort in Europe'. The numbers speak for themselves: 250 km of ski runs distributed over 135 trails, including the longest ski trail in the world (La Sarenne, 16km long) and le Pic Blanc (3.330m) as the highest point. Plus, there's 300 days of sunshine per year, which has earned the area the nickname 'Ile au Soleil' (Island in the Sun). But at Tomorrowland Winter, there will also be plenty to do for non-skiers. The resort offers all kinds of 'non-ski' activities. This is the unique setting in which the 25,000 participants in Tomorrowland Winter will gather once again this year!
Here are some of the impressive numbers :
- The festival grounds of Tomorrowland Winter extend from Alpe d'Huez Les Bergers, located in the heart of the village, throughout the entire ski area.
- The organisation expects 25,000 visitors from 94 countries. With guests from China, Brazil, Colombia, ... , Tomorrowland Winter will be bringing the entire world to Alpe d'Huez.
- There are 8 stages set up throughout the ski area and in Alpe d'Huez itself, including:
- A mainstage that's 60m wide and 22m high.
- Two covered stages with, as eyecatcher, the Garden of Madness, a heated space covering over 4,500m2.
- The highest stage is located on Le Pic Blanc, at a breathtaking altitude of 3,300m.
- For the line-up, more than 100 DJs will be flown in from around the world. Along with major names such as Lost Frequencies, Kungs and Martin Garrix, local talent will also be highlighted, such as DJ Galluxy, the stage name of Geoffrey Gallucci, a 26-year-old dairy farmer from the region.
- A Tastes of the World (food and drink) range adapted to the season will be provided by top French and Belgian chefs.
- No fewer than 700 people will be at work on the construction of Tomorrowland Winter. That number will increase on the festival days to a crew of 1,800 people. This will include many local people and suppliers.
Last year, Tomorrowland Winter organised a highly successful first edition. The smooth cooperation between the organisation and local authorities had a lot to do with this. The organisation had the support of 120 guards from the Gendarmerie de l'Isère, 22 firefighters, 90 first aid doctors and the rescue services of CRS des Alpes.
Jean Yves Noyrey, the mayor of Alpe d'Huez was very positive about the first edition of Tomorrowland Winter. 'The result of this first edition was highly positive for us. In terms of safety as well as the festivalgoers who took part. They came from all around the world and for a lot of them, it was their first visit to Alpe d'Huez and the Alpe d'Huez Grand Domaine Ski. We have therefore been able to reach a new and highly international audience. We hope that many of them will return, not only for Tomorrowland 2020, but at other times as well.'
Tomorrowland Winter 2020
'The Book of Wisdom, The Frozen Chapter'
14–21 March 2020
Alpe d'Huez, France
14 September 2019, the "Mysterious 7 days Packages" go on sale (7 nights, 3 days festival ticket, 7 days lift & ski pass for the entire resort of Alpe d'Huez Grand Domaine Ski).
21 September 2019, the "Mysterious 4 days Packages" go on sale (4 nights, 3 -day festival ticket, 4-day lift & ski pass for the entire area of Alpe d'Huez Grand Domaine Ski).